If you are new to learning with social media, there’s some guidance from Sheffield Hallam University that you may find helpful.
- There is a dedicated site for using social media in learning and teaching (http://go.shu.ac.uk/shusome). It includes guidance on how and why social media can be used in teaching practice, along with a wide range of case studies sharing SHU colleagues’ practice.
- There are resources for students that are just as useful for staff (http://go.shu.ac.uk/socialmedia) They include:
- How to use social media responsibly
- Managing your digital footprint
- Using social media for learning – a guide to becoming strategic
- Staying safe online