For up-to-date resources please check our scoop.it The RSS feed for this is also available on the BYOD4L homepage.
Lifewide Magazine Special Edition
Social media in the social age of learning, Issue 10, June 2014
A selection of resources related to BYOD and BYOD4L
- International Association of Smart Learning Environments – a cutting-edge professional forum for researchers, academics, practitioners, and industry professionals interested and/or engaged in the reform of the ways of teaching and learning through advancing current learning environments towards smart learning environments Online at: www.iasle.net
- Jisc website: The Design Studio (JISC): Mobile technologies, the JISC infokit on Mobile learning, the Quick Guide Engage students with mobile learning and JISC Tech Dis – a UK advisory service on technology and inclusion. Jisc Legal (BYOD – a short video introduction on the legal issues for colleges and universities – see videio embedded below)
- MELSIG website: Apps for Learning and Smart Device Learning case studies (events pages)
- Mohammed Alli (2009) Mobile Learning: Transforming the Delivery of Education and Training Athabasca University Press. Online at: http://www.aupress.ca/books/120155/ebook/99Z_Mohamed_Ally_2009-MobileLearning.pdf
- Mobile Apps for Learning – Anne Nortcliffe and students
- Mobile Education – Lessons from 35 Education Experts on Improving Learning with Mobile Technology (embedded in this page – see below)
- Mobile learning papers on Academia.edu and iPads in Education on Academia.edu (for example)
- New Media Consortium – NMC Horizon Report for Higher Education 2014
- Andy Miah (current) The A-Z of Social Media for Academia – a useful social media and smart app glossary with links to related sites and applications.
- Pinterest – a growing collection of infographics for BYOD4L
- Sheffield Hallam University (2014) see the guidance on Using Social Media on this site
- te@chthought (2014) 50 Reasons It’s Time For Smartphones In Every Classroom. Blog post with comments.
- UNESCO Mobile Learning Publications
Guidance from Jisc TechDis
Learning and sharing
Please add resources you have found useful as a comment below or via Twitter adding the hashtag #byod4l. Thank you.